Thursday, July 3, 2008

Irrigation & Homemade Hottubs!






There is nothing like playing in the irrigation ditch and making hottubs out of mudholes on grandpa's farm. My kids thought they were in heaven. They played four 5 hours and didn't come in bored or hungary once. What I would give for irrigation ditch and a few mudholes next to my house here in California.

It was soo fun to watch them play, it brought good o'l memories back when I was a child and my sibling and I would play for hours doing the same thing. I miss the simple life and good old homemade entertainment!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Looks like they had a great time! Those are the best way to have fun and cool off on a hot day I might head up there today for a dip in a mudhole concidering my air conditioning is off...

Mickel said...

My Grandma Fryer used to water her lawn with irrigation water. We also used to play for hours in her flooded yard. Great memories!

Leanne said...

I love that Sadie's getting dirty with the boys, how cute. She looks so much like you in her birthday pictures.