Sunday, July 27, 2008

Homemade Apricot Jam, YUMMY!






I was lucky enough to be able to get in on some free apricots from a family in our ward. My boys love homemade apricot jam, so I thought why not. The kids and I went to pick the apricots and they loved it. I finally had to tell them to stop! We then came home and I didn't even have to ask they wanted to help, especially Sadie. We pulled a chair up to the sink, the boys only lasted a few seconds and they thought it was disgusting to have to break the apricots in have to get the seed out. (these are the same boys that put snails on there face and pull worms apart) Go figure. Anyway, Sadie helped me the entire time, I was able to make 2 batches of jam, get a dryer of dried fruit and a pan of apricot leather. I felt so domestic and the kids enjoyed my labors.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

That is so cute! You are a great mom to be patient enough to let them sit and help you.

Leanne said...

yum, I love dried fruit, and apricot leather, you ARE domestic, I love all the post, the beach just looks like a blast, we went to Sand Hollow (lake in St. George), and I saw Kristi Fox, and Brandon? I can't remember his last name, it's hers now cause they are married with two kids, she looks the same.