Sunday, August 16, 2009

Roughing it OUTDOORS!
















We were able to get one last big CAMPING trip in before the kids start school next week.
We decided to go down to the Boulder Mountains for a few days. It was a long treck to get there but well worth it once we arrived. The pictures donot do this place justice. It is simply breathtaking and beautiful everywhere you look. There are little hidden lakes all over and in most cases our little family was the only ones at the lake. We were able to try out Scott's new toy! The Ranger, it was so fun to drive and the kids would sit in the back and giggle as we went from lake to lake.

Scott attempted to teach the boys and myself to fly fish. He stayed extremely patient for the most part and we even managed to catch a few fish. We were able to take a few back to camp and Scott cooked them up and I think I was the only one that partook. We will be doing the Catch and Release thing from now on.

We picked wild flowers, made pine cone people and drove the Ranger to keep us busy while we were not fishing.

It was super cold and I was not totally prepared, but we managed to survive and we had a great time and made some really fun memories.

5 comments:

Mickel said...

Next summer we should meet up with you guys somewhere for a campout. Love the invasion of the pinecone people...cute! Do they make a ranger that fits 7? Guessing no.

Stacy and Blair said...

That does sound really fun! And the pictures are gorgeous. Blair and I would love to go to the Boulders, but we usually only make it as far as Grandma's place in Glenwood. I'm glad you learned how to fly fish, and maybe we can get together and practice sometime!

smithsonthemove said...

Looks like you had fun! I love how you wrote your name out of nature! Very creative. :)

Davenport family said...

What a fun trip! The pics are beautiful and your pinecone people are fabulous. I can't believe that you were the only one that ate the fish. :)

Ashlee said...

Nat super cute pictures!!! Looks like the kids had a BLAST even if frozen...