Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I'M 8!






Mitchell has turned 8. Yes, I think I am to young to have a kid getting baptized. He is so excited to be baptized in a few weeks and really looking forward to that very special day.

Mitchell loved everything about his birthday. He woke up and asked for a pancake breakfast. Then he opened his package from his grandma & grandpa. New clothes, he whipped his old clothes off, put the new one's on and we were off to school. After school he wanted to go shopping with his dad for his birthday gift! He was all smiles when he got home and off shopping with dad. They had a great time, the only thing was Mitchell had too many decisions and couldn't make up his mind. After a couple hours of shopping (remind you, he is with his father, Scott is a in and out kind of shopper) Mitchell decided on an Ipod and some baseball bases. Then they met us at the Restaurant of Mitchell's choice! Chilli's, he was so excited to have the RIBS! He ate every last bite and still was a little hungry, I think the days of Kids meals our over for Mitchell! (dang it!) Last but not least we headed home for cake and Ice cream! Mitchell wanted a BYU cake, this is what I came up with. He loved it. He got calls, and cards from family and friends and his day was complete.

The cutest thing was when Scott and I put him to bed, he was a little sad and a few tears were there. I asked why he was crying, he said It's nothing mom, I talked to him and finally he admitted he had such a great day and he didn't want his birthday to end. I kissed him and told him if it didn't end he would never turn 9. That pretty much explained itself.

We love you Mitchell and we are so glad to have you in our family. We are proud of the decisions you are making in your life!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

12 comments:

smithsonthemove said...

What a great cake!! We are glad to see you had such a fun b-day Mitchell!! We miss you guys.

Love ya -:)

Ashlee said...

Maybe you should start a cake decorating class down there in Califonia. It sooo cute. If your young to have a 8 year old what am I just Think we will be young little ol' grandma's! Happy Birthday Mitchell

McKay and Rachel said...

Natalie! Your cake skills are amazing! I am going to hire you! YOur boys are so cute. Happy Birthday MItchell!

Debi said...

Natalie I love the cake, what a cute idea! I know... the time just flies by and they keep getting older... or do we? :)

The Brockbanks said...

What a fun day! I don't even have an i-pod. I need my dad to take me shopping! I love the cake. Your talents are never ending. I have bought every cake for every birthday for every child,(except Ani's first b-day.) I am a bad mom! It is a fun and sad day when your first child turns 8. Congratulations!

The Brockbanks said...

P.S. I love your background and header!

Heidi said...

What a lucky boy! Sounds like he had a great birthday. The cake looks amazing, I am sure he loved it!

The Cook's said...

Hey nice cake Betty!!! That's the cutest thing not wanting his birthday to end!! How's things going?

Leanne said...

wow, how can I not comment on the cake! Very cool! You are so creative! Thanks for your comment, my mom made a comment about a talk from her stake pres. He commented about the Olympics, and how 4 minute miles were just not enough anymore, the beam routines in gymnastics were far more advanced, we just have to step it up, our kids need us to step it up. Anyway, thanks for your support, I just hope I can stay grounded and not try to throw my kids in a bubble:) I too love Utah, but sometimes it can feel way too gray!

Mickel said...

Happy Birthday, Mitchell. Awesome cake. How 'bout those Cougars this year? They're awesome. Do you get to see the games in Cali?

Ditte said...

What an awesome cake!

CMalone said...

Just found your blog. Great stuff!

Congratulations to Mitchell. It's great to be eight! And the cake was fantastic. I'll let you design mine. Remember February 14th. Ha! Ha!

You have a wonderful family.

Carol M