Well, we decided to do a gingerbread choo-choo train in stead of a gingerbread house! The boys thought it was one of their most favorite Family Nights . Dad read Christmas stories and then we each made or own cart for the train. We had icing, candy and cookie crumbs everywhere! During the designing of the trains, Mitchell announced, he thought dad was eating more of the candy than he was actually decorating! We all had a good laugh. We each put our own little touch on our cart that made them each unique. Mitchell designed the engine and Kade the caboose. Scott, Sadie and Me did the carts that carried all the good stuff. We really had a fun time together, and I think they all turned out pretty cute.
We ALL love Christmas and the wonderful, contagious spirit that is in the air! We are all still deciding if it feels like Christmas with NO SNOW!!!! Scott and I agreed, we don't miss the cold weather, just the sight of the snow covered mountains.
3 comments:
Natalie I love the train! We always do graham crackers houses at my mom's every year and we always try and outdo each other. I remember one year Danny and I did a castle. Another year we did a skyscraper. It's so fun to do something that the whole family can get involved in.
You are so brave! I thought about doing a train or houses but that is about as far as I have gotten. You guys are so good about doing fun stuff! Good thing it is almost midnight and my kids didn't see this otherwise they would be begging me to do one.
It looks like you had a lot of fun!! We do the traditional house every year and Matt hates it!! He always seems to be gone. :) I like the idea that they can create their own train car.
Very cute train!!
On a side note, I can't believe how big Sadie looks. Her hair is so long and cute. :)
Post a Comment